MPhil / PhD Program
- Applications are entertained throughout the year. Application for enrolment must be made on the prescribed forms downloadable from the website of Postgraduate Unit.
- The candidate is expected to establish contact with a potential supervisor/s, choose an appropriate topic and prepare a detailed research proposal in the given format and submit it together with the duly completed application form and two letters of recommendation, through the potential supervisor/s and the Head of the respective Department/ Institute (if employed) to the appropriate Board of Study.
- The candidate should also make plans to obtain the necessary ethical clearance/ research permits from recognized national bodies/ departments or their affiliates if deemed necessary by their area of research and submit them along with the application if requested by the respective Board of Study. Candidates also have the option of applying for ethical clearance from the Ethics Review Committee of the Faculty.
- The relevant academic and professional qualifications obtained by the candidate should be supported by transcripts and authenticated copies of degree/ diploma certificates.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the name/s appearing in an applicant’s academic/ professional/ birth certificates and the names given in the application form, an affidavit to effect that the applicant is the one and the same person known by all such name/s or relevant certificates should accompany the application form.
- The application will be evaluated and recommended by the relevant Board of Study, by the Postgraduate Unit (PGU) and then forwarded to the Faculty Board and the Senate for approval.
- The applicants shall be informed of their acceptance or non-acceptance to the program for which admission was sought. The decision of the Senate shall be final in the admission to any program.