Ph.D. – University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. 2005
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, (MRSC) U.K
- Fellow of the Institute of Chemistry, Sri Lanka (F.I. Chem. C.)
- Charted Chemist (C. Chem.), Institute of Chemistry, Sri Lanka
- Electrochemical Technology in Water treatment
- Electrocatalysts, Advanced Oxidation Processes in destruction of Pollutants in water
- Material chemistry. Analytical chemistry
- Photochemistry, and Nanotechnology.
1st Year: CHE 1302 Physical Chemistry I (Electrochemistry, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases), CHE 1203 Organic chemistry I. 2nd Year: CHE 2301 Physical Chemistry II (Chemical Kinetics, Phase equilibria, Surface Chemistry), CHE 2204 Physical chemistry lab. 3rd Year: CHE 2103 Analytical Chemistry I, CHE 3212 Solid state Chemistry, CHE 3206 Theoretical fundamentals of chemical industry. CHE 3207 Electrochemistry, CHE 3217 Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, CHE 3216 Advanced Physical Chemistry Laboratory. 4th Year: CHE 4204 Photochemistry, PHY 4208 Characterization Techniques, CHE 4213 Molecular and Surface Spectroscopy, CHE4213 Advanced Physical Chemistry I, CHE 4315 Advanced Physical Chemistry II (Quantum Chemistry, Advanced Reaction Kinetics, Statistical Thermodynamics)
Administrative Responsibilities & Positions hold
- Coordinator: Chemistry undergraduate program, Department of Physical Sciences. 2015- to date
- Coordinator: Environmental Science and Technology Degree program, Physical Sciences. 2014- 2017
- Administrative Head of the Department of Physical Sciences, Faculty of Applied Sciences. 2012-2014:
- Coordinator: Chemistry undergraduate program, Department of Physical Sciences. 2010- 2011: Senior lecturer in Chemistry, University of Peradeniya, Sri lanka. 2007-2008
- . Tatiana Golub-Sedinkin, Ajith C. Herath, Robert West, and James Y. Becker, Electrochemical Properties of 9,9’-Spiro-Bifluorenes Containing Group 14 Elements (C, Si, Ge, Sn), Chem Electro.Chem 2019, 6, 1–6
- .S. Madusankaa,, H.M.A.M.C Herath, C.A.N. Fernando, High photoresponse performance of self-powered n-Cu2O/p-CuIheterojunction based UV-Visible photodetector, Sensors and Actuators A 296 (2019) 61–69
- N.W.P. . Perera, Ajith C. Herath, Chamila Gunathilake, C. A. N. Fernando, C. S.Kalpage,Methylene blue adsorption onto surface modified beli (Aegle marmelos)fruit shell biochar, Biomed J Sci & Tech Res 11(5)-2018
- T.M.W.J. Bandara, D.G.N. Karunathilaka, J.L. Ratnasekera, L. Ajith DeSilva, A. C. Herath, B.-E. Mellander, Electrical and Complex Dielectric Behaviour of Composite Polymer Electrolyte based on PEO, Alumina and Tetrapropylammonium Iodide, Ionics, 2017, 1-11.
- S.A.K.M. Dhanasekaraa,, A.N.B. Attanayake , Ajith C. Herath, N. Nanayakkara, A. Senaratne, S.P. Indrarathne, Rohan Weerasooriya, Partial degradation of carbofuran by natural pyrite, Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 2015, 4, 51-57
- Ajith C. Herath, Robert West, James Y. Becker, Anodic properties of silafluorenesJ. Electroanal. Chem. 2014, 728, 118-122.
- Ajith C. Herath, Veranja Karunaratne, R.M.G. Rajapakse, Anura Wickramasinghe Electrochemical investigation of the new dyad of the Zn2+ derivative of meso-5-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-10, 15, 20- tris (4-methoxyphenyl) porphyrin and meso-5-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-10,15,20- trisphenylporphyrin points to photoinduced electron transfer.J.Natn.Sci.Foundation Sri Lanka. 2012, 40(2):149-156,
- Ajith C. Herath, James Y. Becker., Electrochemical study of tris(4-bromophenyl)amine and 2,2,6,6- tetramethylpiperidine-1-oxyl in room-temperature ionic liquids. ElectrochimicaActa 55 ,2010, 8319–8324.
- Ajith. C. Herath, R.M.G Rajapakse, Anura Wicramasinghe and Veranja Karunaratne, Photodegradation of Triphenylamino Methane (Magenta) by Photosensitizer in Oxygenated Solutions. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2009, 43 (1), pp 176–180
- Ajith C. Herath., James Y. Backer., 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl piperidine-1-oxyl (TEMPO) mediated catalytic oxidation of benzyl alcohol in acetonitrile and ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methyl- imidazoliumhexaflurophosphate [BMIm][PF6]: kinetic analysis. Electrochimica.Acta, 2008. 53, 4324
- Ajith C. Herath., James Y. Backer., Kinetics of redox mediator, tris(4-bromophenyl) amine in acetonitrile and ionic liquid [BMIm][PF6]: Oxidation of benzyl and cyclohexyl alcohols. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2008, 619-620, 98.
- Ajith Herath., Namal Priyantha, Gamini Rajapakse, Veranja Karunaratne and Anura wickramasinghe, Porphyrin-sensitized photo-oxidation of hematoxylin in oxygenated solutions. J. Natn. Sci. Foundation. 35 (4), 239-244, 2007.
- Ajith M. C. Herath, R. M. Gamini Rajapakse*, Veranja Karunaratne, Anura Wickramasinghe,Electrochemical Investigation of Superoxide Scavenging Ability of 1,2,3-triketohydrindene hydrate in Aprotic Solvents, Electrochimica Acta, 51, 2006, 2890-2897.
- V. Karunaratne, A. Wickramasinghe, A.M.C. Herath, P. H. Amarasinghe, and S. H. P. P. Karunaratne G. Rajapakse,Phototoxic effect of some porphyrin derivatives against the larvae of Aedes aegypti, a major vector of dengue fever, Current Science, 89 (1), 170-173, 2005