University of Texas at Dallas, USA (2015)
Sam Houston State University, USA (2011)
- Under graduate
Institute of Chemistry,Sri Lanka (2005)
- Certificate course in Teaching in Higher Education, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka (2020)
- Polymer prodrug conjugates for drug delivery applications
- Chemistry of biodegradable polymer
- CHE 4309 – Advanced Organic Chemistry
- CHE 4307 – Advanced Physical Chemistry II
- CHE 4213 – Toxicology
- CHE 3202 – Advanced Biochemistry
- CHE 3203 – Chemistry of Polymers
- CHE3216 – Advanced Analytical and Environmental Chemistry Laboratory
- CHE 2104 – Introduction to Biochemistry
Current Researches and Projects
- Biodegradable polymers and nanocellulose from invasive plants
- Molecular dynamics study on micellar behavior of Amphiphilic diblock copolymers for drug delivery applications.
- Senevirathne, S. A.; Washington, K. E.; Miller, J. B, Biewer M. C.; Oupicky, D., Siegwart, D. J and Stefan, M. C. “HDAC inhibitor conjugated polymeric prodrug micelles for doxorubicin delivery.” J. Mater. Chem. B (IF 4.776), 2017, 5, 2106-2114.
- Senevirathne, S. A.; Washington, K. E.; Biewer M. C.; Stefan, M. C. “ PEG based anti-cancer drug conjugated prodrug micelles for the delivery of anti-cancer agents.” J. Mater. Chem. B (IF 4.776), 2016, 4, 360-370.
- Senevirathne, S. A.; Boonsith, S.; Oupicky, D.; Biewer M. C.; Stefan, M. C. “ Synthesis and characterization of valproic acid ester pro-drug micelles via an amphiphilic polycaprilactone blockcopolymer design”. Polym. Chem.(IF 5.375), 2015, 6, 2386-2389.
- Rainbolt E. A., Miller J. B., Washington, K. E., Senevirathne, S. A., Biewer, M. C., Siegwart, D. J., Stefan, M. C. “Fine-tuning thermoresponsive functional poly(3- caprolactone)s to enhance micelle stability and drug loading”. J. Mater. Chem. B(IF 4.776), 2015, 3, 1779–1787.
- Hao. J.; Cheng. Y.; Ranatunga, R. J. K. U.; Senevirathne, S.A., Biewer , M. C.; Nielsen , S. O.; Wang, Q.; Stefan M. C. “A Combined experimental and computational study of the substituent effect on micellar behavior of γ-substituted thermoresponsive amphiphilic Poly(ε-caprolactone)s”. Macromolecules (IF 5.914), 2013, 46 (12), pp 4829–4838.
- “Amphiphilic polycaprolactone block copolymers containing conjugated histone deacetylase inhibitors for delivery of anticancer drugs and HDAC inhibitors”. Suchithra A. Senevirathne, Jing Hao, Micheal C. Biewer and Mihaela C. Stafan. ACS National Meeting, Dallas, TX, USA. March 16-20, 2014
- “Synthesis and self-assembly of amphiphilic polycaprolactone block copolymers containing conjugated histone deacetylase inhibitors”. Suchithra A. Senevirathne, Jing Hao, Micheal C. Biewer and Mihaela C. Stafan. ACS Southwest Regional Meeting, Waco, TX, USA. November 16–19, 2013
- “Probes of P450 mediated metabolism of acyl homoserine lactones”. Suchithra A. Senevirathne, Donovan C. Haines., ACS Southwest Regional Meeting, New Orleans, TX, USA. December 1-4, 2010
- “Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor Conjugated Amphiphilic Polycaprolactone Block Copolymer Pro-drug Micelles for Drug Delivery”. Suchithra A. Senevirathne, Micheal C. Biewer and Mihaela C. Stafan. ACS meeting in Miniature, Dallas- Fort Worth section, Arlington, Tx, USA. April 25, 2015
- “Substituted e-caprolactone monomers for the synthesis of diblock copolymers for micellar drug delivery applications”. Katherine Washington, Elizabeth Rainbolt, Suchithra A. Senevirathne, Michael C. Biewer, Mihaela C. Stefan. ACS National Meeting, Dallas, TX, USA. March 16-20, 2014